- Go buy some spectacular rain clothes. Polka dot boots. Wide-brimmed Clint Eastwood hats. A brelly (umbrella) dotted with wild-looking women. I have none of the above. That must be why I’m so snarky during this past week of downpour.
- Dip things in chocolate. Use Popcorn. Cheese logs. Try Strawberries if you want to be normal. I’ve exhausted my chocolate supply and am too disgruntled about the rain to slosh through it for more choco-fuel. I’ve resorted to that bitter powdered chocolate I’ve had on a shelf for 10 years. Grrr…I’m even more snarky now.
- Stomp on a stairmaster. While not exactly satisfying, it does work off my horrendous experiment with choco-oat bran. Of course when I leave the gym…IT’S STILL RAINING!!! At least I”m out and can pick up some chocolate again.
- Create something. Anything. I’m decorating donuts with chocolate icing. And sprinkles. Those colorful little worms brighten up any dish—even pigs in a blanket.
- Give up. Put on drab rain gear and go out in the rain for a walk. See…it’s refreshing. You’ll feel so good, you’ll want to have several pigs in a blanket—dipped in chocolate—waiting for you when you return.
- Yeah, I said 5 reasons in the title, but I thought of 6. So what? Go read Les’ post and you’ll find all the rainy reasons you need to eat for happiness.
May each of us find ways to enjoy our rainy seasons. (Preferably with fewer calories)